Bonita Springs, Fla (October 08, 2014) The Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council (BSEEDC) held their 2014 Annual Meeting on Tuesday, October 7th where they presented the Annual Investor Report which included a comprehensive presentation of the past year’s accomplishments, an update on business retention and attraction success stories and a look at the overall economic impact made by major BSEEDC clients. The annual meeting was held at Shaw Development and included a behind-the-scenes tour of Shaw Development’s manufacturing facility and a special presentation by their Director of Marketing, Nick Delihas.
The following major accomplishments from 2013-2014 were highlighted:
- $51M of economic impact to the region contributed by their six major clients
- Assisted forty clients and currently have three confidentiality agreements in place
- Retained or attracted 351 jobs throughout the six major clients
- Developed regional partnerships and began promoting the area on a national basis to targeted industries aligned with state and county objectives as the Southwest Florida Economic Development Alliance
- Launched new responsive website with increased usability and information at www.BonitaEDC.com
- Launched monthly eNEWS with over 1,100 readers per month
Since their inception in 2011 the Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council clients have made more than $61M in investments and jobs in the Estero and Bonita marketplace. Because of the waiver of impact fees on existing commercial space in Bonita Springs, local businesses have saved over $400,000 on impact fees which has allowed them to hire contractors and trades people to build out their spaces, putting those saving right back into the economy.
Christine Ross, Executive Director of the BSEEDC said, “Our organization is committed to building a prosperous, sustainable, and economically diverse community. All of our efforts, from streamlined permitting to making the region the easiest and best place to do business in the country, is truly paying off.”
If you are interested in becoming and investor or if you would like to learn more about the Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council, please visit www.BonitaEDC.com or call (239) 333-2332.
ABOUT BONITA SPRINGS ESTERO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
The Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council is organized to build a place to live and work that is economically diverse with a year-round economy that also enhances the environment and reflects the character of the inhabitants of the Bonita Springs Estero, Florida areas. For more information visit www.BonitaEDC.com or contact Christine Ross at (239) 333-2332 and Christine@BonitaEDC.org.