By: Christine Ross, MBA, MS, CCE ,IOM, President & CEO, Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce and Executive Director, Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council
There is more good news in Estero and Bonita Springs, much of which has to do with the improving economy, but more importantly, the excellent business climate we have been building at the state and local level these past three years. I am happy today to provide you with a synopsis of the 2014 Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council (BSEEDC) Annual Investor Report. Please take a moment to read about the great work this organization is doing to provide assistance to businesses in our region, as well as to attract new companies to join our community.
Here are just a few of the major highlight and accomplishments that the BSEEDC has achieved during 2013-2014 fiscal year:
- $50,136,421 of economic impact to our region contributed by our six major clients for 2014
- We assisted forty more clients and currently have three confidentiality agreements in place
- We retained or attracted 351 jobs through the six major clients
- We developed regional partnerships and began promoting the area on a national basis to targeted industries aligned with state and county objectives as the Southwest Florida Economic Development Alliance
- Launched New Responsive Website with increased usability and information at www.BonitaEDC.com
- Launched monthly eNEWS with over 1,100 readers per month
Since our inception in 2011 our BSEEDC clients have made more than $61M in investments and jobs in the Estero and Bonita marketplace. Because of the waiver of impact fees on existing commercial space in Bonita Springs, local businesses have saved over $400,000 on impact fees which has allowed them to hire contractors and trades people to build out their spaces, putting those saving right back into the economy. All of our efforts, from streamlined permitting to making the region the easiest and best place to do business in the county, is truly paying off. Stay up to date on what the group is doing! To get involved, become an investor, and to subscribe to the monthly eNEWS, email me at Director@BonitaEDC.com.