As you know, staff sent out an update on 8-14-15 to inform you that city staff, Wright Construction and the public information consultant, Cella Molnar & Associates (CMA),started the community awareness campaign to keep property owners, businesses, event planners, and the general public informed about construction activities throughout the construction process. We are committed to keeping you aware of the project plans!
The next update is as follows:
- You will begin to see message boards this week. Message boards will help to route the traffic of the detour. The message boards will state: Old 41 work to begin, expect closures on 9/14
- Construction mobilization is ongoing
- Coordination with representatives of the events continues
- Business Surveys continue
- The delivery of the construction office trailer to the Bamboo property is complete
- Construction newsletter #1 and the project contact card has been mail, emailed and hand delivered the week of August 17
- New construction website is now live, www.bonitaspringsdowntownimprovements.com
- Groundbreaking Ceremony will be held September 17th at 10:00am. The Invitation and program will be sent soon.
A look ahead of what to expect:
- BSU installation begins work between Wilson and Imperial River (lane closures) – week of September 21
- Work begins on Riverside Park connector and drainage on Felts Ave. – week of September 28
- Old 41 closes from Wilson to north of Pennsylvania/Ragsdale – week of September 11
- Demolition of Old 41 begins – week of September 11
Bonita Springs Downtown Improvements Project Phase 1 Construction Detour Map-
What you will see
The area under construction will be identified with orange and white striped barriers and orange construction fencing. Temporary pedestrian access will be provided as needed. Blue business signs will direct the public to local businesses during construction. Construction workers will demolish existing roadway and sidewalks. New water mains, electrical/communication conduits, and drainage structures will be installed. The roadway will then be paved. Construction will be underway from Wilson Street to Pennsylvania Avenue August 2015 through January 2016. NOTE - This time line is a projection and might be extended depending on construction progress.
The City and the project team are committed to keeping the public informed of construction activities and working with the public to solve issues that arise during this process.
Please let us know if you have any questions.