Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council Endorses Governor Scott’s Proposed Reforms for Enterprise Florida
Bonita Springs Fla. (December 10, 2015) – The Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council announced their support for Governor Scott’s proposed reforms for Enterprise Florida, including the creation of the Florida Enterprise Fund.
Christine Ross, Executive Director of the Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council said, “We’re proud to fully support the proposal to create the Florida Enterprise Fund and improve the economic development process at Enterprise Florida. Enterprise Florida has been integral to creating jobs in our community, such as Hertz’s recent relocation of their global headquarters to Estero. These reforms will continue to diversify our local economy, empower our small businesses, and create even more great jobs.”
Our proposed economic reforms which have been endorsed by the Enterprise Florida Executive Board include:
- Creating a new $250 million competitive fund called the “Florida Enterprise Fund.”
- Making the Florida Enterprise Fund a state trust fund to replace the existing escrow account to allow the state’s investment to accrue more interest.
- Increasing the Legislature’s role in competing for job creation projects by requiring that any deal over $1 million have the approval of the Speaker of the House and the Senate President, as well as the Governor.
- Reforming the return on investment requirements by eliminating the use of waivers and requiring a 10 percent annualized return on top of the original amount invested in a company.
- Streamline the state’s approval process while continuing to ensure that NO tax dollars leave the state trust fund until a company meets specific job creation goals spelled out in their contract.
Visit www.enterpriseflorida.com/contactyourlegislator today to voice your support.
ABOUT BONITA SPRINGS ESTERO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
The Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council is organized to build a place to live and work that is economically diverse with a year-round economy that also enhances the environment and reflects the character of the inhabitants of the Bonita Springs Estero, Florida areas. For more information visit www.BonitaSpringsEsteroEDC.com or contact Christine Ross at (239) 333-2332 and Director@BonitaSpringsEsteroEDC.com.